Open For Business
You may have been aware of wide-ranging changes to how the surgery is functioning in light of the pandemic. We would like to express a big thank you to all of our staff who continue to work hard and to our patients for your understanding in these unprecedented times.
The changes we have made are to protect our patients and our staff, as well as coping with the strain placed on the NHS. However, health problems still arise and we are still “open for business” albeit not business as normal. If you need to seek advice on a medical condition, it is important to do so. Please see below for information on how we are currently running our services.
Our May 2020 Newsletter has more information about Coronavirus and can be downloaded below:
Online booking of appointments has been temporarily suspended and we apologise for this inconvenience.
In keeping with national advice, we are not offering directly bookable face-to-face appointments. All contacts need to be triaged remotely and managed in the most appropriate way. Please make note of the following:
- You can use our website to access e-consult – to get generic advice on a condition or putting a query for attention of a member of the practice team. This can them be put to the most appropriate staff member to respond. This is the preferred method of contact for routine problems or administrative queries.
- We are still operating a telephone triage service, whereby the duty clinician will speak to you about your problem. This is the preferred method of contact for urgent problems but also for people who cannot access online services.
- There are a number of other ways you may receive a response from the surgery – by email, text, telephone or video consultations (which requires a smartphone with camera function)
- The clinician will make a decision as to whether the problem can be dealt with remotely, or an appointment at the surgery is required.
- To practice social distancing it is necessary to limit footfall at the surgery – please be assured that if you are invited to attend it is because it is deemed clinically necessary and that we have worked hard to limit the risks associated with attending the surgery. You will be given instructions on what to expect if you are invited to attend for a face-to-face appointment.
- Please only attend if you have been asked to do so.
- Because of uncertainties over staffing levels going forward, we are not pre-booking appointments. You may however request to speak to a specific GP/clinician and where possible this will be accommodated. It might require some flexibility on which day this happens.
- Prescription requests can be made via email/e-consult online using patient access. We are unable to take medication requests over the phone. Scripts are being sent to a nominated pharmacy of your choice so that you will collect your meds directly from them.
- We are also recommending that patients sign up for Patient Access or use the NHS app to re-order repeat medications.
Local Help & Support
If anyone requires any help please contact your local Isolation support group
- Lyndhurst & Emery Down: 02380 284426
- Minstead: 07791 642032
- Cadnam, copythorne& Bartley: 07919 275545
- Ashurst&Colbury: 07510 371440
Coronavirus Hampshire Helpline: 0333 370 400
NHS Volunteers Responders are also available to help. Please call 0808 196 3646.
Some local businesses are still open and will arrange to deliver. For more local information please visit the website www.lyndhurstcommunityhub.co.uk