You will need to sign up to online services before you order can order prescriptions or book appointments online - You can do this by contacting us on 02380 282689
Our preferred way of receiving repeat prescription requests is by subscribing to the Patient Access (see online registrations) or downloading the NHS App.
Please can you nominate a pharmacy of your choice to have your script sent directly there. You can do this by either letting us know or asking the pharmacist.
Repeat prescriptions are computerised and can be ordered either by posting or dropping your request into the surgery.
Alternatively we offer an online service via the link at the top of this page. You will need to register for this service by emailing the surgery with your request so we can email the registration form to you.
For safety reasons we cannot accept repeat prescription requests over the phone.
Please allow 5 working days notice for requests to be processed and ready for collection.
Electronic Prescribing Service
This practice is set up for the electronic prescription service.
This means that for most patients we can send your prescription to your chosen chemist directly saving you having to come down to the surgery.
To get your prescription sent to your chosen pharmacy you will have to ask reception to sign up.
For more information please click here.
You will be required to attend the surgery from time to time for a medication review with a doctor.
Should you fail to attend after 3 requests to do so your prescription will be withheld until you make an appointment.
Help with NHS costs
In England, around 90% of prescription items are dispensed free. This includes exemptions from charging for those on low incomes, such as:
- those on specific benefits or through the NHS Low Income Scheme
- those who are age exempt
- those with certain medical conditions
- More information is available at NHS Choices
These charges apply in England only. In Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales prescriptions are free of charge.
- Prescription (per item): £9.65
- 12-month prepayment certificate (PPC): £111.60
- 3-month PPC: £31.25
If you will have to pay for four or more prescription items in three months or more than 14 items in 12 months, you may find it cheaper to buy a PPC.
- Telephone advice and order line 0845 850 0030
- General Public - Buy or Renew a PPC On-line
There is further information about prescription exemptions and fees on the NHS website.
How to access online patient services
What is patient online access?
Patient Access connects you to local health services when you need them most.
- Book or cancel GP and Nurse appointments online
- Order repeat prescriptions
- Look at your medication, allergies and immunisations
- Discover local health services for you or your family via your mobile or home computer.
You will be able to do this on a website, or an app, using a computer, a tablet or smartphone.
If you would like to register for online access, please call the surgery on 02380 282689.
Detailed access to your record
Once you are signed up to patient access, you have the option to request detailed access to your record. You will be able to see the following information online:
- Test results
To request this, call us on 02380 282689 and ask for a 'detailed access request form', you will then need to drop the form into the surgery with photo identification.
Please allow 14 days for your request to be processed.
Proxy access allows a parent, relative or carer to manage online services on behalf of another patient.
There are 3 age groups which need different forms completing:
- Children 0-10 - Parent/Guardian/Carer can complete the form and return to the surgery
- Children 11-15 - The child can opt for having their own access (but must have their own mobile number and email address), the child can opt of their parent/guardian/carer to have access or the child can opt of both to have access.
- Adults 16+
The form needs completing with all parties having signed (except the first group).
To request any of these forms, please contact reception on 02380 282689.
To use the NHS App you must be aged 13 or over and registered with a GP surgery in England.
Use the NHS App to:
- Get your NHS COVID Pass
- Get advice about coronavirus
- Order repeat prescriptions
- Book appointments
- Get health advice
- View your health record
- Register your organ donation decision
- Find out how the NHS uses your data
- View your NHS number
You can access your NHS covid pass without having to sign up to patient access, but to access everything else as mentioned above, you will need to sign up to patient access first. You can do this by contacting reception on 02380 282689.