Infection control update March 2023
This annual statement will be generated each year in accordance with the requirements of the Health and Social Care act 2008 Code of Practice on the prevention and control of infections; it refers to the following summary of related guidance.
- Any infection transmission incidents and any action taken (these will have been reported in accordance with our significant event procedure.
- Details of any infection control audits undertaken, and actions taken.
- Details of any risk assessments undertaken for prevention and control of infection
- Any review and update of policies and procedures and guidelines.
GP Lead: Dr Olivia Jagger
Nurse Lead: Sister Helen Lomax
There have been no significant events due to infection control.
Cleaning audit: high dusting and descaling taps.
- Annual infection and control audit
- Cold Chain audit
- Domestic cleaning audit
- Hand hygiene audit
- all staff receive annual training in infection control prevention and control.